Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

On Aug 15 00:13, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> I noticed one minor thing, which I'm not sure if it's a bug or feature:
> ~ whatever created the default /etc/fstab similar to the 1.5 mount points
> in the registry also made mount points for 1.5 managed mounts.  These
> were useless to me as I was creating a brand new install, so I removed
> them.  But would they be necessary even if someone was upgrading in the
> same root?  If not, perhaps they should be ignored when creating the
> initial /etc/fstab?

That makes sense.  I'm going to tweak the postinstall script accordingly.

While I'm at it, I found that the default %Path% variable does not use
the right case for the Windows and Windows/system32 paths on some
versions of Windows.  The result is that tools like Window's ping are
not found when case sensitivity is switched on, unless you tweak the
system %Path% variable to us the right case throughout.

So, here's the question:

Shall the script make the cygdrive prefix a posix=0 (aka case-insensitve)
mount by default?