Re: [RFC] 1.7 Packaging: X11

2008/7/29 Corinna Vinschen:
> On Jul 28 19:38, Reini Urban wrote:
>> Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) schrieb:
>>> So what I think we need is a co-maintainership.  I can handle the
>>> packaging and client-side issues, and other(s) can help port XWin and
>>> handle server-side issues.
>>
>> Yaakov++
>> Great, we owe you a beer, or two!
>
> ACK.  I would personally spend a couple of gold stars for Yaakov and
> the guy(s) who help Yaakov to get the X11R7 server side up to speed.
> Promised!

My beer is for the clients alone.
First we need the X clients updated.i.e. merge most of Yaakov's huge
cygports into setup.

For the server side we have to agree on a wording, that certain apps might work
better with a non-cygwin (mingw) and even non-free solution: Xming 7.0.3
I don't use Xming anymore, and the old cygwin X server still works fine for me.

The public and LGPL compliant Xming is also just at 6.9.0.31.
The 7.3.0.x code - as from my Heise CD - is non-GNU compliant and has
a special license.
It requires a donation before you can download!

http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/
http://blue-gnu.biz/content/fsf_confirms_xming_restrictions_not_allowed
http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/terms.php

--