Re: [RFC] 1.7 Packaging: Obsolete packages

On Jul 25 10:52, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:40:34AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Nice example.  Still, for now we should assume that we go the upgrade
> >path.  I'm going to investigate the impact of a clean cut in the next
> >couple of days.
>
> It seems like maybe another change to setup.exe would be in order here
> or maybe there could be a base package which did any cleanup required to
> purge unneeded packages.

Another base package sounds like an interesting idea.  OTOH, setup would
use the existing local setup database and might get something wrong
before the new base package has a chance to do the cleanup.  Baah.
Maybe we could provide an upgrade helper script which should run *before*
running setup for the ultimate upgrade.