Re: [RFC] 1.7 Packaging: Toolchain

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 03:53:16AM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
>> I don't know if that's a problem for std::wstring, but newlib is still
>> missing the wprintf family of functions.
>
>Based on the defintion of GLIBCXX_ENABLE_WCHAR_T in
><http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/trunk/libstdc%2B%2B-v3/acinclude.m4?view=markup>
>the list of missing functions before wchar_t can be enabled is:
>
>fgetwc
>fgetws
>fputwc
>fputws
>fwide
>fwprintf
>fwscanf
>getwc
>getwchar
>putwc
>putwchar
>swprintf
>swscanf
>ungetwc
>vfwprintf
>vswprintf
>vwprintf
>wcsftime
>wcstod
>wcstok
>wprintf
>wscanf

Huh.  That list is actually smaller than I would have expected.

Can't we get all of these from freebsd?

How about scrapping newlib in favor of freebsd libraries?  I have been
suggesting this for years.  Maybe the timing is wrong since we want to
release Cygwin ASAP but it sure would be nice to be in control of 100%
of Cygwin and not have to wander over to newlib whenever we need to make
changes.

cgf