"debian links"? (was Re: scheme implementations for cygwin)

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a link to a small repo of scheme
implementation ports I had created. Reini responded with:

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Reini Urban wrote:
> Great!
> Care to ITP them? I would review them. We would just need
> debian links.

I'm getting ready to ITP chicken scheme, but I would like to know what
exactly does he mean by "debian links"?
FWIW, I'm a passably fluent _user_ of the debian APT; I have two
debian boxes in my home. However, I have never created a debian
package.