Re: cygpath 1.7 wrong

On Jun 13 07:13, Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Reini Urban on 6/13/2008 7:03 AM:
> | 1.5 returns in user resp. system "/cygdrive",
> | but 1.7 returns "/cygdrive/"
> | This is annoying.
>
> But is it wrong?  On the other hand, what happens if the user has / as
> their cygdrive; does this print //?

I'll look into that.

> | 2) multibyte chars in pathnames are not printed with /bin/ls.
> | bash or coreutils?
>
> At any rate, I think that isprint() should be fixed here rather
> than hacking coreutils - if the console can display something reasonable
> for characters >= 0x80, then isprint() should claim they are printable.
> But some of this also depends on deciding sane semantics for unibyte vs.
> multibyte character locale settings.

Indeed!  However, right now ls will print the correct filename regardless
of the codepage used.  "Right now", because I still hope that Kadzuhiro
will come up with the NLS-related changes discussed on cygwin-developers
which obsoletes the CYGWIN=codepage setting in favor of LC_CTYPE et al.

  1.7$ export CYGWIN=codepage:ansi
  1.7$ ls -b
  \304\353\344
  1.7$ ls --show-control-chars