Re: [ITA] subversion-1.4.6-1

On 6/6/2008 12:37 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
David Rothenberger wrote:
| 1.4.6 won't build with libtool 2.x.

Why not?  I've been working with 2.2.2 since it's release, and just
about anything else builds with 2.x, even if originally packaged with 1.5.

I have no idea. Like I said, I'm not a libtool expert (or even a developer that uses libtool in my own work). Nevertheless, it doesn't work and fails with the errors Reini reported.

I'm trying a patch from subversion's SVN trunk that added support for 2.x. It's included in the 1.5 release, but I'll see if it will work with 1.4.6.

Imbesi's Law with Freeman's Extension:
        In order for something to become clean, something else must
        become dirty; but you can get everything dirty without getting
        anything clean.