Ruby problem preventing ITA of subversion

I think I'm prepared to adopt subversion, but I've having a problem building the Ruby bindings for 1.4.6 due to the Ruby issue with timezone[1]. I built a local ruby-1.8.6 package from p114 with the patch suggested by Corinna[2] and subversion builds fine with that package.

Is there any chance a new Ruby package can be rolled with this patch?

[1] http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-01/msg00106.html
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/0e3f786c969bcd07