Re: [ATTN] patch: maintainer, please update to 2.5.9

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:04:19PM +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
>
>>Would the package's maintainer ugrade to 2.5.9. The current does not
>>handle correctly patches/files that use CRLF line endings. Trying to
>>apply CRLR patch to CRLF file fails (bug in 2.5.8) and worse, causes
>>the original file to be converted into LF line endings.
>
> Hmm.  Package maintainers for certain should not be distributing files
> with CRLF endings.  I sincerely hope that your evaluation of "worse" is
> related to a package that isn't in the cygwin distribution.

It is. The original source package may contain CRLFs, so diff against
is contains CRLFs as well.

But when trying to use Cygwin patch to apply the diff during build
phase: 1) it fails 2) and changes original source code into plain LF;
not good.

This problem does not happen in Linux 2.5.9 patch(1); there CRLFs are
handled transparently.

Jari

--
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines