PING Jan Nieuwenhuizen re libguile17

    Hi Jan, if you're currently around,

  It looks to me as if cygguile-17.dll needs to be rebuilt with an up-to-date
gcc with the fix for throwing strings across dll boundaries.  As we discovered
in a recent thread[*], autogen crashes on exit[**], and it appears to be due
to a problem in libguile[***].  I tried rebuilding it from source with the
latest gcc, and it fixes the problem, at least for me; here's what happens
when you run an OOTB build of autogen against the current shipping version of
libguile17:

/tmp/autogen/autogen-5.9.4 $ cygcheck ./agen5/autogen.exe
agen5/autogen.exe
  G:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    G:\WINNT\System32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      G:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL
      G:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
      G:\WINNT\System32\RPCRT4.DLL
  G:\cygwin\bin\cygguile-17.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cygcrypt-0.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cyggmp-3.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cygintl-8.dll
      G:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cygltdl-3.dll
@_______. .
(       /"\
 ||--||(___)
 '"  '"'---'
/tmp/autogen/autogen-5.9.4 $ ./agen5/autogen.exe  < /dev/null
No definition data were read
AutoGen aborting on signal 11 (Segmentation fault) in state ABORTING
@_______. .
(       /"\
 ||--||(___)
 '"  '"'---'
/tmp/autogen/autogen-5.9.4 $

  And here's what happens when I try it with the rebuilt version of
libguile-17:

/tmp/autogen/autogen-5.9.4 $ cygcheck ./agen5/autogen.exe
agen5/autogen.exe
  G:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    G:\WINNT\System32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      G:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL
      G:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
      G:\WINNT\System32\RPCRT4.DLL
  T:\cygwin\build\install\bin\cygguile-17.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cygcrypt-0.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cyggmp-3.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cygintl-8.dll
      G:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
    G:\cygwin\bin\cygltdl-3.dll
@_______. .
(       /"\
 ||--||(___)
 '"  '"'---'
/tmp/autogen/autogen-5.9.4 $ ./agen5/autogen.exe  < /dev/null
No definition data were read
@_______. .
(       /"\
 ||--||(___)
 '"  '"'---'
/tmp/autogen/autogen-5.9.4 $

  So I wonder if you could verify which gcc package you built the libguile
release with.  If you wanted to test against autogen, I uploaded a tarball of
the build I was using[****], or it builds OOTB - if you have an updated
cygguile-17.dll, that is ...

    cheers,
      DaveK