Re: Request for new maintainers

On Sep 18 22:19, James R. Phillips wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regrettably I must request that new maintainers be found for all my
> packages.  I have been unable for months to devote any time to this
> worthwhile project, and don't see any relief in sight.
>
> The package that sparked my interest in package maintenance is octave,
> and octave 3.0 will probably be released shortly.  There is a steady
> stream of messages on the octave-maintainers mailing list regarding
> experimental cygwin packages.  I know that those building the packages
> are reading the cygwin lists, and I hope a capable person will
> volunteer to pick up this work and carry it forward for the cygwin
> project.  Currently the best octave builds appear to require custom
> gcc builds, with sjlj exceptions disabled.  This limitation of gcc in
> conjuction with octave has been a bugaboo for quite a while, and any
> solid approaches to resolving it would be very welcome.
>
> Thanks very much for letting me participate, and my apologies for
> being so neglectful for several months.

Oops, that's bad news, really.  Thanks for your efforts to maintain
these packages.  I added all your packages to the "Orphaned" category
in my package list.  If anybody feels up to the task, below are
James' packages, and the subpackages they consist of.

  epstool
  fftw3
    fftw3-dev
    fftw3-doc
  ghostscript
    ghostscript-base
    ghostscript-x11
  lapack
  octave
    octave-doc
    octave-forge
    octave-headers
    octave-htmldoc
    octave-info
    octave-otags
  plotutils
    plotutils-devel
    plotutils-doc
    libplot2
    libplotter2
    libxmi0
  pstoedit
    pstoedit-devel

Thanks again for your time you spent on these packages.  I guess
especially your octave maintainership will be missed.