[ITP] screen

I've packaged screen for Cygwin and would like to maintain it.  URLs are
below.

screen is a terminal multiplexer and window manager that runs several
separate 'screens' on a single physical character-based terminal.  Each
virtual terminal emulates a DEC VT100 plus several ANSI X3.64 and ISO 2022
functions.  You can create multiple windows with any programs in them, kill
the current window, switch between windows or copy text between them, view a
list of active windows, rename windows, view the scrollback history, etc.
You can detach your session and even log out if you wish; your programs will
keep running, and you can reattach later, maybe when logged in from a
different host.

Home page:   http://directory.fsf.org/screen.html
Source URL:
http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/utilities/screen/screen-4.0.3.tar.gz
License:     GPL

screen is available in Debian: http://packages.debian.org/stable/misc/screen
.

I'm very pleased to offer this package for Cygwin.  It's been a long, long
effort to get screen working properly in Cygwin.  Many people have tried it
over the years, but one or both of two significant bugs always remained:
detaching/reattaching didn't work correctly, or when a window was killed its
child processes lived on.  Improvements to the Cygwin DLL, some patches that
I got from Mark Edgar and he got from other people, and one last patch from
me, prompted by advice from Charles Wilson, combined to finally finish off
those two and all other known bugs.  It was a community effort.

Still, I'm marking this release as "test" for now.  I've used it a fair
amount here, but other people should test it to make sure it works for them
too.

screen may work on Win9x systems, but I can't support it there.  I don't
have access to any Win9x systems for testing, and there's reason to believe
that screen won't work there, since I left out some patches that were
supposed to improve Win9x support.  Those patches were fairly large, I can't
tell if they work, and since Cygwin itself is dropping support for Win9x, it
didn't seem worthwhile to me to include them.

Andrew.

wget \
  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/setup.hint \
  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.3-1.tar.bz2 \