Re: FYI: un/zip update available

Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

These are also Charles Wilson's.  Is he still around?  Several of his
packages (libpng, tiff, unzip, zip) are affected by security
vulnerabilities.

I have just built unzip and zip with cygport, and the files are now in
Cygwin Ports CVS as ports/apps/{,un}zip.  I hope that this will expedite
the process.

Yep, I'm still here. The past several months have been "interesting" in the Chinese-curse sense. However, I'm presently working on updates to several of my packages, including those you mentioned.

I'm trying to switch over to cygport for those packages that cygport itself doesn't depend upon (e.g. I don't think it's wise to use cygport to package bzip2 or unzip, or, sadly, the autotools). So, I appreciate the "examples" you've provided on the cygwin ports site.

I have run into one issue (and this relates to the delays in getting an updated tiff release): how to deal with multiple *source* packages. For tiff, there's the actual tiff src, and then the testcase tarball. Also, your sample release of tiff on cygports uses a completely different patchset than my older release, so merging the two is proving time-consuming.

--
Chuck