Re: call for testing of latest setup.exe snapshot

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 19:00:39 -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:

> I've just uploaded <http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots/setup-2.551.exe>.

Brian,

I was testing the snapshot this morning and noticed a couple of minor issues.

First, if the location of the Cygwin files changes on a mirror, then setup lists the mirror twice in the chooser and reports an error that the selected mirror has been removed when you click next.  For example, the URL for mirrors.kernel.org has changed from ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin to ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin.  The error message makes sense when you track things down in /var/log/setup.log, but it is confusing when you are just looking at what is displayed.

Second, looking through /var/log/setup.log I noticed a slightly garbled error message:

Warning, the default trust level for package  does not meet this specification libpgtypes2

The message comes from processOneDependency in package_version.cc.  Is this indicative of a logic error in setup or a problem with some package?

					-Peter

P.S. Any idea why if I build setup from the source tarball, the executable will not start in the directory where it built, but runs fine if I move it to another directory?  Bash tells me permission denied, even though the file is executable, and reports an exit code of 126.