orpie: change setup.hint; do I need to bump the version number?

I need to correct the setup.hint for orpie.  orpie depends on gsl, which
used to depend explicitly on lapack, but doesn't any more.  But orpie
still needs it.  So now I need to add the dependence on lapack to
setup.hint.

Question:  if I just post the new setup.hint for upload, is that enough
to cause setup to recognize the new dependency?  Or do I need to release
a new version of orpie in order to force a new installation and bring
lapack along with it?

Thanks,
Andrew.