Re: [ITP] cygport

On 5/4/06, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
Portage itself was already vetoed, as it would mean entirely changing
the distro management scheme, and Portage just isn't meant for only
building packages.  cygport is much simpler, doesn't require changing
the distro entirely, and was written with Cygwin in mind by someone
(namely, me) with a repository of 1400 Cygwin binary packages.

Conceded.

Though my opinion doesn't officially mean anything yet (I haven't
successfully contributed a package yet, but I am thinking of packaging
an AVR toolchain, using cygport... new thread forthcoming), I like
this package.  Bravo!

A suggestion:

Perhaps it would be slightly more elegant to put the cygclass files in
$prefix/share/cygport and export all of the functions defined in the
cygport script itself into tidy .sh files in $prefix/lib/cygport/lib? I'm not strongly advocating these particular paths, but I kinda feel
like the *.cygport files are misplaced and that the cygport script
itself could be modularized one step farther.

Cheers,
Jason