Re: [ITP] libusb-win32 0.1.10.1

Hi,

I've made an updated packaging of libusb-win32 available on

http://brl.thefreecat.org/libusb-win32/

More precisely,

http://brl.thefreecat.org/libusb-win32/libusb-win32-0.1.10.1-2-src.tar.bz2
http://brl.thefreecat.org/libusb-win32/libusb-win32-0.1.10.1-2.tar.bz2
http://brl.thefreecat.org/libusb-win32/setup.hint

Corinna Vinschen, le Tue 04 Apr 2006 12:21:32 +0200, a écrit :
> - /usr/bin/libusb0.dll should be /usr/bin/cygusb0.dll to follow the
>   Cygwin library naming convention.

Ok

> - Is it necessary to keep the .sys file in /usr/bin?  I'd rather see this
>   in a directory which is not in $PATH usually.  /usr/lib, maybe, or
>   /usr/share/libusb/
> - Why is libusbd-nt.exe in /usr/bin if it is actually copied to
>   /WINDOWS/system32?

I've put them in /usr/lib/libusb

> And *why* is it copied to /WINDOWS/system32 at all?

It is how libusb-win32 is usually installed. But by patching sources a
little bit, drivers and services can be run from cygwin's
/usr/lib/libusb

> - Where is the documentation in the binary package?  The README files in
>   /usr/share/doc don't contain any information about how to utilize
>   libusb.  No man pages?  No info files?  No html manual?

I've added in the README file a paragraph that points to libusb's
documentation (since libusb-win32 is stricly API-compatible with
libusb).

Regards,
Samuel