Re: [ITP] mingw-libjpeg, mingw-libpng, mingw-openssl

Charles Wilson wrote:
Peter Quiring wrote:
I've created some packages for Cygwin under the mingw category. They are mingw versions of libjpeg, libpng,

Sorry, but I have to veto these (but see good news, below)

Just to clarify: "veto" is too strong a word for me to use, since my name isn't cgf or Corinna. Rather, I "recommend strongly against" accepting Peter's proposed versions of these packages into the cygwin distro.

However, it appears that Corinna agrees -- and she CAN use the word "veto". Also, I interpret her message in this thread to mean that she is also against incorporating *any* mingw-foo package other than those strictly needed for cygwin itself -- including any version *I* might propose.

So, I'll look into updating my versions of mingw-libpng and mingw-jpeg, and making them setup-installable from cygutils.fruitbat.org.

I appreciate the effort that Peter made, and his generosity in wanting to share his hard work with the rest of us. Thanks, Peter.

--
Chuck