Re: [maybe-ITP] gamin

Igor Peshansky wrote:
I'm sure there is -- Corinna posted a test program to cygwin@ earlier this
month that prints various attributes of the drives.  It was meant for
shares, but I'm sure it also applies to local drives.  Besides, cygcheck
prints out what kind of drive it is, so you can get some code from there
too.

For the archives (and my own reference), that's:

Umm, you don't want to assume that any disk is NTFS on NT... See below.

I agree that it wasn't a perfect assumption.

Exactly, and so can NT. Better to find out what disk we're working with.

Which again would imply that working with FAT drives is broken on gamin in general, not just on Windows.

Floppies are usually FAT. How about using one? :-)

What an idea. :-) I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Yaakov