Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Oliver Wienand wienand@rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Aug 4 14:39:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have moved whole Singular to

/opt/Singular

without the 3-0-0 directory and updated the packages. I am not sure if
Singular3 would suite better. What do you mean by

 > Building outside the source directory is not supported.

?

I just adapted things such, that it goes through under cygwin if you run
configure and make from the root of the sources. I am not sure if the
original Singular source supports such compiling.

> Could you send me the set of configure options you used (and CFLAGS /
> LDFLAGS settings), please?

I do not specify any C oder LD Flags.

 >> In the helper - package:
 >> ------------------------
 >> /usr/X11R6/bin/startxserver.bat
 >> ---> modified startxwin.bat, starts only server, no xterm
 >

 > This should be named more unique.

I have moved the file to
/opt/Singular/ix86-Win

 > Getting this error here:
 > ccache g++ -c -O2 -pipe -I/home/gerrit/singular/singular-3.0.0/modules
 > [...]
 > make[3]: Leaving directory
 > `/home/gerrit/singular/singular-3.0.0/.build/modules/modgen'
 > make[2]: *** [modgen/modgen] Error 2
 > make[2]: Leaving directory

This error is irrelevant to the Windows Port, because at the moment
dynamic loading is not supported in the Windows version. In the next
days there should be a new Makefile.in from our core, which handles the
"--disable-dl" option right, i.e. do not try to compile anything in the
context of dynamic loading.

There should be all the binaries in ix86-Win and Singular.

Sincerely,

Oliver Wienand