Re: setup installs packages without displaying it

Brian Dessent wrote:
"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

be nice. And maybe make it optional, that is not checked by default.

In the vast majority of cases continuing with missing dependencies is
the wrong thing to do, so why should it be the default?  Why should the
default reflect a use case that is only used by people attempting very
specific things under extraordinary circumstances?

Previously there was no nag. I deslected some important package and was lost. Now a hint is displayed, one could tell the user: "There are important packages missing in your selection, do you really want to be that stupid? To add these packages automatically hit the box below."

That would be nice.  Now I must uncheck the box or fake package.db
or s.th. like that.  It is as annoying as it is to be forced to
always uncheck the "put shortcut icon on desktop" checkbox, though
I have this shortcut already.

Gerrit -- =^..^=