Re: Regrouping on "installation profile" idea

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Faylor"
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin.applications
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 1:53 PM
Subject: Regrouping on "installation profile" idea
So, do we have a list of potential ways to label these "profiles"?  I
personally think that the term "profile" isn't intuitive enough.  I think
that something like either "installation type" or just "installation"
might be clearer.

I may be just a user, and even one who had *very* little trouble learning to use setup, but I would say either
INSTALLATION-TYPE
or
TASKS

I'm a Debian user, and must note that Debian uses the word task for a similar concept.
Should you be careful with the naming of the meta-packages TASKS may be the clearest.
Examples:

* C/C++ Development
* Gaming  :-)
* Java Development
* Latex Development
* Perl Development
* SSH Server
* Web Server
* X Windows

Has anyone been collecting the list of names that have been proposed?
Using '.', '-' and all caps:

Main Candidates:
INSTALLATION
INSTALLATION-PROFILES