Re: [g-b-s Patch] Write and save logfiles for configure/make/check/install

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Lapo Luchini wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> >You can put them in the package root, or create a
> >"logs" subdirectory -- the structure is up to you.
>
> Or maybe ".logs", for consistence with .build and friends.
> In this case the only "strange" directory "without dot" would be
> CYGWIN-PATCHES, whose position I don't particularly like, I must say,
> but oh well ;-)

Whatever the location is, it better be different from where the new logs
are created.  I just realized that, unless the logs are created in a
different location, or are renamed later, the g-b-s run by the user will
overwrite the logs that were packaged by the maintainer.  It might make
sense to create the logs with lowercase names initially, and rename them
to uppercase in the spkg() step.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/