Re: cygwin-doc build not self contained?

On 10/6/05, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> I just installed xmlto/docbook-xsl, and tried to build the Cygwin
> documentation.  It seems that it's trying to connect to oasis-open.org,
> probably to get some DTD that's <include>d from one of the cygwin-doc
> DTDs.  Is this supposed to happen?  Can there be a disconnected build of
> cygwin-doc (e.g., with cached external DTDs)?
>         Igor
> P.S. Is this the right list to ask this question?  It seems to be related
> to cygwin-doc packaging, but if it's a general DocBook issue, we'll move
> it to the main list.

I think that's a general docbook issue. You need not just the xsl transforms,
but the DTDs, which are in packages like docbook-xml42 I think. That
should enable you to build the HTML, though I've never tried it without
Internet access. Oh, and building from winsup/doc/ in CVS is what I really
work from, not the cygwin-doc "src" package, which is just a convenient
lie. Let us know if it works for you. :)

Also, you'll find that you still cannot build the full cygwin-doc package from
just tools available with Cygwin setup--texinfo (see docbook2x.sf.net)
and PDF (via db2pdf, jade, or jw) generation are still done on linux.