Re: gtypist's sdesc

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 05:40:37PM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:

>Isn't "GNU typist" a rather short and redundant sdesc?
>I suggest "universal typing tutor" as from first line of
>http://www.gnu.org/software/gtypist/gtypist.html
>Or anything else, but please not a description that only repeats the
>package name ;-)

I agree.  I think Brian sent out a list of packages a while ago
which fell into the "nondescriptive sdesc" category.  It's a shame
that this hasn't been fixed.

>PS1: anyone has some infos about GNU arch (or baz?) for cygwin and/or
>problems associated with long paths or something like that? I'm
>beginning to use it and I may volunteer to package it... but that's
>after I finish my thesis of course; right now I don't have time for
>new packages, I have too little even for existing ones...
>PS2: I'll package rsync Real Soon Now (tm).... I hope ;-)

The last I heard, arch did rely on really long path names that would
eventually cause problems in cygwin.

I have been mulling over a potential solution for a long time.  Maybe
it's time that I finally implemented it.

cgf