Re: [octave] packaging bug! (was: Re: man, info fail me in cygwin 1.5.18)

--- "Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

> About info dir file:
> fftw3 was not uploaded yet, but the octave package contains:
> /usr/share/info/dir
> which is a packaging bug.  If info files are distributed, the
> dir file needs to be regenerated, postinstall script should handle
> this (or require _update_info_dir package).

Octave's primary documentation is in info form.  Are you saying that the info
should be edited/regenerated to delete any references to unsupported features?
This is, I suppose, a reasonable position, but I don't see evidence that octave
info describes unsupported features.

In fact, octave _source_ _includes_ some routines from fftw, which are used to
provide support for fft operations if there is no installed fftw library on the
machine it is compiled on.  This is similar to the way octave supports lapack
and blas.  AFAICT, references to fftw in octave info are appropriate, whether
or not an external fftw package is installed.

Jim Phillips