Re: FFTW3, Shared Libraries, libtool

James R. Phillips wrote:

--- "Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

I have this attached patch against 3.0.1.  I don't know if it is still
all needed, however you see where to go.  Maybe it applies with some
fuzz.

After applying the changes run `autoreconf --force --install --verbose`
in the top level source directory to install the Cygwin libtool and the
current helper scripts in the source tree and to regenerate aclocal.m4,
configure and the Makefile.in templates.

Then try to build again, should create shared libraries now.
The two relevant changes are the build order of the subdirectories
because of dependencies and the libtool ldflag '-no-undefined' to
convince it to build shared libs.

Using CFLAGS in Makefile.am is not working with recent automake one must
use AM_CFLAGS instead.

Gerrit --

This patch definitely works; thanks very much.  The overall source patch after
running autoreconf is huge, though (~1Mb?).  So I am going to move the
autoreconf invocation into the conf() function of g-b-s.  This keeps the source
patch down to a much more reasonable size, and just increases the length of
time required to perform the conf() function a bit.

I am currently rebuilding octave linked against the fftw library, to verify
proper operation of octave's fft routines.  If all goes well, I will probably
post an ITP for fftw next week.

Thanks again for your help.

I always include it into the source package, however it is not really
needed to include all the generated stuff. I think it doesn't harm either, the size of the compressed source package increases about 200k
when it is included.

Gerrit -- =^..^=