OpenLDAP NT Service

Hello All,

I tried to install OpenLDAP as a service using the following command:

# cyrunsrv --install slapd --path /usr/sbin/slapd --args "-h ldaps:///" --desc
"OpenLDAP Server" --disp "CYGWIN slapd"

However, when I start the service from either the services console or with:

# cygrunsrv --start slapd

It will start and then stop after about 5 seconds. When checking the Application
event log, I found this:

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( slapd ) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL
files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the
/AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.
The following information is part of the event: slapd : PID 2888 : slapd stopped.."

However, if I manually start it by using the following:

# /usr/sbin/slpad -h ldaps:///

It works fine. Anyone know the reson why it fails? Is there anyway that it can
be run from the init scripts?

Thanks!