Re: Updated MySQL patch file to version 4.1.13a

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
Still no joy.

What is the problem?

The MySQL++ examples hang, as reported a few messages back in the thread:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-08/msg00151.html

Thanks for your effort, but I'm ready to give up, for the overriding licensing reasons stated elsewhere in this thread.

Fine. With more maintainers like you all the open source software would already have been trashed.

That's a vast overreaction.

Again, I belive there are extremely few people in the world who actually _require_ a DLL/so version of MySQL++ on Cygwin. (Probably zero, actually.) The rest of the world can link statically to libmysqlclient, which works just fine.

If you're willing to keep sending me ideas to try, I'm willing to try them. But I'm not going to bang my head against this wall for zero reward. If you think I should, your arsenal of persuasion will have to extend beyond handwaving.