Re: Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Oliver Wienand wrote:

Building outside the source directory is not supported.

?

I just adapted things such, that it goes through under cygwin if you run
configure and make from the root of the sources. I am not sure if the
original Singular source supports such compiling.

You might want to take a look at lnconf.sh in the packaging templates CVS
(<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packaging/templates/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps>).
It was intended originally as a configure substitute for packages that
don't have one, but you could also run it before configure to replicate
the directory structure in the target directory before running configure.
HTH,

Also, take a look at the zlib package http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/release/zlib/zlib-1.2.2-2-src.tar.bz2

It uses shtool for the 'make a symlink-farm to these sources because my package is too dain-bramaged to build outside srcdir' purpose. (Also, lndir does the same thing as shtool, and is distributed as a cygwin package [xorg-x11-bin-lndir-6.8.2.0-1] which is similar).

--
Chuck