Re: Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Hello,

http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wienand/singular
Should be:
ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/Math/Singular/devel/WIN/cygwin

Thanks, I have corrected the link. I wanted to write all occurences of Cygwin with a capital letter and "search and replace" was too powerfull.

Also the sources are now accessible from the internet with the correct name.

We use the standard directory layout as proposed by FHS:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

I think setting the root to /usr should do it.

Sorry, that I ask again. Should I take

/usr/singular/3-0-0/

or

/usr/singular/

I have talked with our linux people and they put the 3-0-0 to have the possibility to work with different versions at the same time. But I am not sure how Cygwin setup handles updates. Does it remove the old package and install the new one or does it just install the new one and overwrite older files?

For now I have put the path to be /usr/singular/3-0-0/

A further question has popped up. There is the x-icons packages and the singular-helper package does quite the same (Except the dependancies and the Base category). It is possible to store also such packages in the official cygwin mirrors?

As long as no other files are overwritten, yes.

The following files are placed in common directories:

In the base - package:
----------------------
/bin/Singular
/bin/ESingular
---> Shell scripts to invoke Singular, resp. ESingular

In the helper - package:
------------------------
/usr/X11R6/bin/startxserver.bat
---> modified startxwin.bat, starts only server, no xterm

The following shortcuts are created:
------------------------------------
Desktop/Singlar (Emacs)
Desktop/Singlar (rxvt)
Desktop/Starte X - Server (needed for emacs and surf)

All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Cygwin/Bash shell
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Cygwin/Rxvt - Terminal
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Cygwin/Setup (Cygwin)
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Cygwin/XTerm
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Cygwin/Start X - Server (+ XTerm)

All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Singular (Emacs)
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Singular (rxvt)
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Singular (Terminal)
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Singular (Emacs and X-Server) (experimental)
All Users/Startmenu/Singular CAS/Start X - Server (needed for emacs and surf)

Sincerely,

Oliver Wienand