Re: ITP: octave-2.1.71

James R. Phillips wrote:
OK, now that I have what looks like a working package with gcc 3.3.3, I
compiled with gcc 3.4.4.  It segfaults and dumps core at startup.  Um, it is
linked with unrecompiled lapack dll's (they were also compiled with gcc 3.3.3).
 But that per se shouldn't be an issue, I don't think.

So, how can I help you?  Use gdb in some fashion?  The binary is, of course,
stripped.

We need to know what is the problem, so building with debugging turned on is needed. Also try different grades of optimization, what do you use now, e.g. -O3? Does it work with -O2 then, and so on. There are several bugs in the optimizer, i.e. the unit-at-a-time stuff is breaking a lot of code, however this is not a bug, this is by design;) If it is a problem with the optimizer we will figure out which flag breaks the binary and report a bug.

Gerrit