Re: Please upload xmon-1.5.6-1 (new package)

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:38:36AM -0700, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 02:14:16AM -0700, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>>
>>>I packaged the xmon program today (and used it extensively, so I know it
>>>works) for Cygwin.
>>

>>I took the liberty of checking Debian and see that this is a standard
>>package there, so there is no need to vote on this.
>
>Thanks, I wasn't sure what the current rules were.  Glad it was in Debian.
>
>>But, where's the setup.hint file?
>
>Uhh... I hope I'm not misunderstanding the question... but, in the
>original email?!?
>

>>http://homer.starnet.com/~hunth/cygwin/release/X11/xmon/setup.hint
>>7ab56809ff065a5e46693f49a1099f84

 From http://cygwin.com/setup.html

Submitting a package

	So you've got a package you want to submit.  Follow the following
	checklist before emailing cygwin-apps@cygwin.com and you'll almost
	certainly save time.

	1.  Propose on cygwin-apps that you are interested in becoming a
	package maintainer for package foo.  Some packages cannot be
	distributed via cygwin's setup due to vendor licence limitations.
	Other packages may not be appropriate for cygwin.  This step will save
	time if, for some reason we cannot accept the package.

	2.  If this is a new package, *post a complete setup.hint file as part
	of your proposal*.  Include this file in the text of your message so
	that it can be commented on.  Do not submit it as an attachment.
        .
        .
        .

cgf