Re: Postgresql still maintained?

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Hi Carlo,

do you want to contribute / maintain MySQL instead?

There is some support for Cygwin in the latest releases, e.g.
the #pragma inplementation stuff was changed.  Also some other
patches I collected were applied.  The last time I tried a
build was in January with Cygwin 1.15.12 and the server seems
to run with this golden Cygwin version.  Should be even better
with the latest greatest.

Gerrit

Good. Let me build mysql first. So, you collected some patches and had them applied by the mysql developers? I never really contributed serious patches before but my only fear when I maintain a package is that if there are problems, I might not know where to do the patching, or might not even know what part of the code is wrong and I'll end up to be just a useless maintainer. In any case, let me build mysql first.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo

--