Re: [ITP] stow

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On May 17 12:02, Max Bowsher wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On May 16 14:30, Schulman.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
Right.  I hadn't considered that, but since the Windows shortcut is
fundamentally broken, you're right that stowing won't work for DLLs, or
outside of the Cygwin environment.  (Philosophical question:  which
component of Windows deserves the blame for the failure of the Windows
shortcut?  The file system, the shortcut design, or the shell?)

The filesystem and the OS for not supporting symbolic links. Microsoft took an approach by implementing reparse points in W2K but since these reparse points only work for partitions and directories, it's still broken.

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/stow/setup.hint
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/stow/stow-1.3.3-1.tar.bz2
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/stow/stow-1.3.3-1-src.tar.bz2

Uploaded.

Umm.... Shouldn't someone have done a review first?

I did. Packaging looked good, so what?

That's ok then.
You didn't say that you had done a review as well as an upload, hence my question.

Max.