Re: screen, try #1

Joe Allen wrote:

* Detached sessions are still tied to their parent consoles. If I detach a session and then exit the parent shell, the shell doesn't exit and the zombie console window stays around. If I force the console window to close, screen terminates.

There's something broken with process groups in cygwin. I had this same problem in JOE, but I don't clearly remember
what I had to do to fix it: make sure both setsid() and setpgrp() are being called. I think it had more to do with the order
of opening the pty or tty vs. fork(). Fork first, then open the tty: look at mpxmk() in tty.c in JOE for something that works.

There were other weird problems: like try to suspend a sub-process and the parent would get suspended.

Actually I think I remember: use login_tty() instead of setsid(), setpgrp().