screen, try #1

Using Christopher's patches and disabling FIFOs as suggested, I've built a
test version of screen:

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/setup.hint
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-1.tar.bz2
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-1-src.tar.bz2

This version runs, but it has several problems:

* Reattaching detached sessions succeeds with Cygwin 1.5.12, but fails with
1.5.15.  On host #1 with WinXP + Cygwin 1.5.12-1, reattaching succeeds and I
have

$ ll /tmp/uscreens/S-andrex
total 1
srw-------  1 andrex None 51 Apr 22 06:05 1944.console.CARBON

On host #2 with WinXP + Cygwin 1.5.15-1, reattaching fails ("There is no
screen to be resumed"), and I see

$ ll /tmp/uscreens/S-aschulma
total 1
-rw-------  1 ASchulma None 53 Apr 22 06:00 4056.console.D77E1BASCHULMA1

This isn't a socket, which would explain the trouble.

* Video colors become confused sometimes, especially when creating new windows
within screen.  For example, twice my whole console window has changed to
reverse video, both outside of screen and in all of the windows within
screen.  In the properties of the parent console window, the colors were
swapped, but changing them back didn't fix the problem; I finally had to
close the whole console.  Another time the text color changed to cyan, which
happens to be my prompt color.

* Detached sessions are still tied to their parent consoles.  If I detach a
session and then exit the parent shell, the shell doesn't exit and the zombie
console window stays around.  If I force the console window to close, screen
terminates.

There are two different patch sets that people have used to get screen
working: Christopher's
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-04/msg00163.html), and the older patch
set that Lapo found (http://www.j10n.org/files/screen-4.0.2-cygwin.patch).  I
used Christopher's patches to get these results.  I also tried the older one,
which is much larger and includes Christopher's.  I found the same
reattachment problems, but haven't had time to test the other problems yet.

I'll continue to work on these problems.  Meanwhile I'd welcome any help that
others can offer.

Should this version be uploaded so people can test it?  I've labeled it 'test'
in setup.hint.

Andrew.