Re: mkcramfs & mkfs.jffs2 packages

Robb, Sam wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:36:05PM +0200, Marion Deveaud wrote:

Unfortunately I have no time to maintain those packages. The

most part

of the work is to assure the compatibility of the image with Linux filesystems drivers.

If you can't maintain the packages then these can't be submitted for the release. Maintenance is part of the deal when you offer packages like this.

Marion,

  I'd be happy to work with you on the initial package release,
and I'm willing to take on maintenance responsibility for them
after the initial release.

Thanks for your proposition. I hadn't realized that an official maintainer should have been delivered with the package and I'm glad you're feeling up to do it.

What versions of these utilities are you working with?
For mkcramfs the original code was taken from ELDK (cramfs-0.0.1) since my target is a PPC the tool must have an option to switch endianness.
For mkfs.jffs2 code was taken in the MTD snapshot dated from 03.12.2004 (version 1.42).

We
have builds that we maintain internally that include some minor
fixes to devtable support that we'd like to see included if
these are to become official Cygwin packages.

-Samrobb