Re: RECTwrapper.h is missing from setup-2.427-1-src.tar.bz2

Barry Kelly wrote:
Hello Max,

Hi, but please keep discussion on the mailing list. I'm copying this to cygwin-apps, please reply to there.

I'm trying to compile Cygwin setup using setup-2.427-1-src.tar.bz2,

Why? That's an old version.

the source tarball that came with the latest Cygwin. The file
RECTwrapper.h (and maybe others) are missing from that tarball.

Known bug, already fixed.

Where can I get it?

Don't - instead just use a later version.

Bear in mind I have a bare-bones Cygwin, no gcc, no make, no cvs, none
of that. I barely have bash. If you could send me a complete,
self-contained tarball, or direct me to somewhere I can get one, I'll
hack the source to work with Visual Studio 03 and try and trace down
this error.

I expect you would have an easier time doing a simple standard install of Cygwin (avoiding whatever special arrangement of local packages triggers the bug for you).

The setup website is at http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/

Max.