Re: [ITP] cdrtools-2.01

Corinna,

Have you heard anything from Joerg?

If not, should I just package it, try to follow up with Joerg, or simply drop the matter?

-Ross

Ross Smith II wrote:
Corinna,

Any news?

I'm still eager to package cdrecord.

Thanks,

-Ross

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Oct 1 08:59, Ross Smith II wrote:

Quoting Corinna Vinschen:

The author provides a ProDVD edition, which is based on the same source
as cdrecord, but contains proprietary code to access DVD drives. By
providing a closed source application in binary only form linked against
Cygwin, he's infringing the GPL. I've contacted Joerg by mail to solve
this issue but until then, I'm not happy with providing the tool in the
net distro. It feels wrong.

Corinna,

Any response from Joerg?

No, I'm sorry. I didn't get a reply so far. It's two weeks now. There's a good chance that Joerg is just on vacation or so, so I'll
repeat my posting on Monday.

Corinna

P.S: Please don't Cc me.  I'm reading the mailing list.  I'm setting the
     Reply-To for a reason.