Re: Setup patch: List command line options on stdout

>On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 02:43:35PM -0800, Dave wrote:
>>* Print help to messagebox. Could also send it to stdout in case the user
>>happens to be running from bash. [patches in this thread]
>
>It makes no sense that this would work from bash unless:
>
>http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-11/msg00147.html

Unfortunately it does here. I originally had CYGWIN=tty. I removed the variable.
Restarted windows. Recompiled. And text appears on the console after doing
`setup --help` with the cout patch.

I can't explain it, and will leave it at that. If anyone does want to trace this
down, and can't reproduce it themselves send me a message and I'll try to help.

Dave.