Re: Heads-up: teTeX packages contain old versions of style files

Igor Pechtchanski writes:

Igor,

> I'm not sure if this is a pure Cygwin teTeX problem or if this needs to be
> fixed upstream,

Yes, this is an upstream problem.  teTeX 2.0.2 is the last release,
which still has \def\filedate{2000/05/21}.

> , but the tetex-extra package contains very old versions of
> some of the style files (in particular, acronym.sty).  Is there a reason
> why it can't be updated from CTAN for the next release?

I'm not sure, Debian also still ships this file.  I have been working
with teTeX and web2c developers to get the tetex 3.0 prereleases
better prepared for Cygwin, and I'd rather spend time on that.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter