new package submission policy

Given my recent email about making cygwin packaging more like linux, I'd
like to propose/announce a change in the package submission policies for
cygwin.

Corinna and I are eliminating the need to ITP a package if the package
is included in the latest shipping or beta release of Fedora, Mandrake,
or Debian.

The requirements for getting a package into the distribution that is not
part of one of these releases is raised from the current three (3) to
five (5) +1 votes.

Although we've lowered the bar significantly for getting a "standard"
linux package into cygwin, the requirements of a GTG sanity check of
a release from a package maintainer are unchanged.  This is still required
for either type of submission.

AFAICT, there are at least 60+ package maintainers currently.  Maybe we
will now need to hear from a couple more of these 60 people if someone
wants their package to be included.

It was suggested that we should try to emulate Debian.  I have read the
Debian constitution and I don't see how trying to emulate Debian would
be very useful for Cygwin.  It doesn't seem like trying to impose more
structure on this process is going to make it easier to get a package
into Cygwin.

cgf