Re: Interest in "native" Tcl/Tk/Expect/Itcl/... packages?

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 10:09:28AM +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>    > Hi All (and Chris in particular),
>
>    > I've already been successful in getting the following to compile as
>    > "native" Cygwin packages with minimal patches:
>    >     Tcl v8.4.7 (without registry and DDE)
>    >     Tk v8.4.7
>    >     Itcl v3.2.1 with Iwidgets v4.0.1
>    >     expect v5.42.1
>
>    > I also intend to add Tclx and Tcllib and try to port the registry and
>    > DDE libraries (part of Tcl) that are normally only for straight Windows
>    > platform.
>
>    > Of course, I don't mind becoming maintainer for these packages...
>
>    > I just want to know if there's actual interest for this, or else I'll
>    > stop wasting my time...
>
>    > Let me know what you think.
>
>+1*10^10
>
>These are great news, I think cgf is already dreaming about a gold star,
>if you follow your way through the end.

I don't have time to read this thread in great detail but the reason for
the current situation is "insight".  If releasing tcl/tk impacts insight
then -100 from me.

If someone wants to take over gdb + tcl/tk maintainership that's fine, though.
That is gold-star worthy.

cgf