Re: [ITP] sqlite-3.0.7

* Thu 2004-10-07 Reini Urban <rurban AT x-ray.at> INBOX.list.cygwin-apps
| Reini Urban schrieb:
|
| > Ah, Jari is back in business!

I've been extremely busy and now I'm pushing some ports I've made in
this between.

| >   really "export builddir_relative=.build/.build" ???

This is purposive. The .build/ is used for more than just compiling,
so the compiling results are put to separate directory under it.
Therefore .build/.build. I understood that it doesn't matter where the
compiling happens as long as separate directory is used.

| > And then there seems to be a recursive make loop. See "info
| > automake" how to avoid this, or better let it be fixed upstream.

Please elaborate. What loop there is to fix?

| > ...."warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin shared
| > libraries."
| > So there's something missing for cygsqlite-6.dll
| > With dllwrap and the def file it works fine.

Is there guidelines how to use dllwrap for package ports somewhere I
could take a look? I'm not familiar with dllwrap.

| Fix this in the top Makiefile.in and you are back in business:
|
| TCC = @TARGET_CC@ @TARGET_CFLAGS@ -I. -I${TOP}/src -DNDEBUG -no-undefined
|
| This creates a fine .libs/cygsqlite3-0.dll

Thank you, done.

| I would also appreciate TARGET_CFLAGS=-O2

Thank you, done.

| $ CFLAGS=-O2 LDFLAGS=-no-undefined make libtclsqlite3.la

done. This is accomplished in CYGWIN-PATCHES/build.sh in cygbuild, whne
the original build does not do what it's needed.

I'm having problem with install though. Does anyone know what to do
with this:

./libtool --mode=install /bin/install -c libtclsqlite3.la /usr/src/build/build/sqlite/sqlite-3.0.7/.inst/usr/lib/sqlite
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libtclsqlite3.la' to a directory not ending in /usr/lib/sqlite

The makefile portion I added was:

    install:        sqlite3 libsqlite3.la sqlite3.h
            $(INSTALL) -d $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)
            $(LTINSTALL) libsqlite3.la $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)
    +       $(LTINSTALL) libtclsqlite3.la $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/sqlite

Should the tcl libs be installed under usr/lib/ or usr/lib/sqlite ?

Jari