Re: mhash-0.9.1-1

Hello Lapo,

> Well I guess I will at least try harder porting djbdns, then, I really
> miss a local DNS resolver on my laptop 0=)

1. caching DNS server

Maradns: http://www.maradns.org/
it is under active development and the upstream maintainer supports
Cygwin (by request, he don't uses Cygwin himself), this is a very nice
& complete DNS server.

Posadis: http://posadis.sourceforge.net/
also available as binaries for Windows.

pdnsd: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~rombouts/pdnsd.html
this is a proxy DNS server with permanent caching.

Already ported: BIND.  Why don't you use bind?
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/DNS/bind-9.2.2/

There is the Lightweiht Resolver Daemon lwresd included with the
bind-9 sources.

2. authoritative-only DNS server

Powerdns:  Another interesting DNS server, supports SQL backends.
NSD: http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/
MyDNS: http://mydns.bboy.net/

3. resolver libraries:

ares: ftp://athena-dist.mit.edu/pub/ATHENA/ares/
c-ares: http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/c-ares/
adns: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/adns/
lightweight resolver library, Cygwin version:
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/DNS/bind-9.2.2/liblwres/

> (and what should they have in common? well.. djbdns is by DJB, which
> is a crypto expert himself... ok, ok, almost nothing in common)

Another guy who never heard of Windows?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=