Re: libtoolized some older libs

Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
On Sep 28 19:14, Charles Wilson wrote:
I made several /usr/lib/.la file for libs which could be loaded shared (at run-time) for myself to enable shared and smaller modules for the bigger stuff I'm working on. php, clamav, postgresql, ...

Whether a .la file exists or not has NO bearing on whether the library can be loaded dynamically (either implicitly by the windows runtime loader, or explicitly via dlopen()/LoadLibrary()/etc).

The .dll.a & .dll files for these packages are fine. There is nothing wrong with them.

Except they weren't produced by libtool. BFD.

Sure.

Erm, why?  OpenSSL doesn't use libtool for producing shared libs, even
on any other platform.  What's the deal?

Just a libtool fake.
The deal is that that is a problem for libtoolized packages, when they don't pick up cygssl*, instead they link statically to libssl.a.
It needs some hackery to persuade them to pick up the dynamic version there.

for f in /usr/bin/*.dll; do \
    cygcheck $f | egrep "cygssl(-0.9.7)?.dll" && echo $f; done
=> postgresql, svn, openldap, neon, curl
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/