Re: gdk-pixbuf for gtk-1.2?

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 18:11:00 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz
<yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> | Now that glib-1.2 and gtk-1.2 are out.  But do you have any plan for
> gdk-pixbuf for gtk-1.2?
> | A lot of gtk applications require it.
>
> Like what?
Such as gqview, gaim and sylpheed-claws etc. In fact gdk-pixbuf is the
standard image loader library of gtk (older applications seem to use
imlib). A lot of gnome libraries depend on gdk-pixbuf.
It make sense that now gdk-pixbuf is included in gtk-2.0.

Now we have the gtk2 version of gqview and gaim. But sylpheed-claws
has not been ported to gtk2.

> I have a number of relevant packages available on my project site.
> Gerrit had mentioned that he's ported some of them also (including
> libglade), but hasn't indicated when he's planning to ITP them.

Ah, just had a check. I downloaded libglade2, gtkspell and now is
tring to build gaim-0.82.

Yang Guilong
http://cygnome2.sourceforge.net