Re: Can upset handle more than one prev: tag?

Max Bowsher schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
Shouldn't we then provide a cygperl5_8.dll symlinked to cygperl5_8_5.dll
also (in linux fashion), and apps should link against cygperl5_8.dll
resp. a more generic libperl.dll.a then?
otherwise you'll have to recompile all dependent apps.

You are forgetting something. The Windows runtime linker (understandably) doesn't understand Cygwin symlinks.

But cygwin dlopen does understand symlinks.
And perls dynalinker uses dlopen(cygpath),
not LoadLibrary (fullpath).
All other posix libs also use dlopen() not LoadLibrary().
And the cygwin dlopen() calls fullpath = get_full_path_of_dll(cygpath) which resolves links.