Re: Gnome for cygwin

Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
| Next needed packages are:
| gconf
| gnome-vfs
|
| I have problems with the gnome-vfs testsuite, there are errors.

As I wrote before, GConf likely needs some work.  I would see what
CyGnome2 has done with this to start.  Don't know about gnome-vfs.

As little as I am familiar with cygnome2 (and by building these gnome2 libs by myself). GConf(d) has some problems with proper termination. Since gconfd should terminate itself after timeout period after last app has signed itself out. It doesn't work in cygnome2 and AFAIK it's still under progress.

| The installation order list:
| shared-mime-info -> Yaakov has a version at his SF site already.
| libglade
| libgnomecanvas

I've already ported libglade and libgnomecanvas on cygwin-ports.  When
building yourself, make sure to build libglade first; libgnomecanvas
installs a glade module if libglade is present.

I recall that both compiled just out-of-box with proper parameters without any extra magic or patching.

--

Jani Tiainen